Making an Amazon seller account is your big step towards setting up a career in the world of making a living by selling your products. While Amazon gives you a perfect platform to showcase and sell your products and build a market for them without going through the hassles of marketing and the expenses of advertising, it also requires you to be at your most productive and delivering aptly standards possible.
Before you jump in without prior preparation and putting much thought into it, let me just tell you that Amazon hasn’t built such a reputation and vast target audience and buyers by allowing anyone to cascade on the site at their convenience as one of the sellers. Amazon requires precision and dependability and reliable performance on your part and while registering and becoming a part of the Amazon world might seem like a piece of cake, you need to know that you’ll need to be all in and prepared.
A MUST HAVE CHECKLIST
A prospective seller is required to be prepared with a number of details and paperwork in order to formalize their sellers account.
- BUSINESS DETAILS: the legal name, address and contact details for your business must be readily available to be used in your legal formalities with Amazon.
- EMAIL ADDRESS: In the world of electronics and digits communication, your email address will act as the foremost interactive base between you and Amazon.
- CREDIT CARD: Without a valid internationally chargeable CREDIT card with the correct billing address, Amazon will cancel your registration.
- PHONE NUMBER: During the process of your registration, your phone number must be functional and kept close to you so that you can be contacted when need be.
- TAX ID: Your tax id as well as your social security number will be a must have so that a background check can be done on you before your account is registered.
- STATE TAX ID: a necessity since the Supreme Court imposed a heavier responsibility on ecommerce sellers.
QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO SORT BEFORE REGISTERING
- RETURN PROCESS: It is important to know where you will send your returns to. Will it be handled yourself or another member of your team who deals with customer queries or a warehouse that will make your product ready for resale again.
- AMAZON RESTRICTIONS: The products that you plan to sell should be cleared by Amazon gateway and their restriction policies regarding products.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS FOR AN AMAZON SELLER
- PRODUCT SOURCING AVENUE: a clear understanding is needed for you to be able to master as a seller.
- STALE INVENTORY: it is important to know when a product is selling and when it needs to be liquidated to make room for fresher products.
- KNOWING YOUR COMPETITION: There will be many other buyers selling same or similar products at times and it is very important for you to know how to handle the competition and make your products seem unique and use the already created market to your own advantage.